|Please bring the following if you are purchasing your own supplies.
Note: The gallery can supply an OIL KIT for $53 – please scroll down for more info.
1. OIL Paints Please bring the oil paints you normally use, Nicole's specific paint colors are listed below.
2. Brushes - Bring a variety of sizes, a combo of Filberts, Brights (you don't need rounds unless small for details)
3. Metal palette knifes - for mixing color or adding accents to the canvas
4. Please brings a Portable Stand-up Easel . (Note: for those who prefer sitting we dont use table wasels for this class, you can lower the easel to your preference and sit on a stool). French easels OK.
5. Palettes - 12 x 16 size recommended
OIL Painters: Wood palette or Disposable Paper Palette available at art stores. Jerry's sells containers with blue lid to store palette during painting and for travel.
ACRYLIC: StayWet palette paper + container, the lid for these is Red
6. Solvent to CLEAN Your oil brushes: Gamblin Gamsol or Odorless Turpenoid . NO Substitutes. NO Turpenine, NO Kerosene. You don't need a lot of solvent.
7. CONTAINER for Solvent, please bring a suitable solvent container or glass jar with a lid or a brush cleaner for your solvent (see image). ACRYLIC painters please bring a container to hold your water.
8. Canvases: 3 canvas total ranging in size from 8x10 to 11x14. Canvas boards are fine. If you are an acrylic painter please do not purchase the SoHo brand canvas board.
9. Small tray table to put your paint/supplies on beside your easel if you don't have a self contained (French) easel
10. Apron or Smock to protect your clothes
11. Protect Your Car - A protective box or paper in your car to protect seats from wet paintings (going home)
12. Paper Towels
OIL PAINT COLORS
Please being whatever colors you already use, a simplified palette like below
is what Nicole uses
Paint brands to consider: Charvin, Richeson, Lukas, Grumbacher, Gamblin etc.
• Alizarin Crimson (Charvin, use Magenta or Rubine Lake)
• Cadmium Red (Charvin -use French Red Light OR Napothol Light)
• Cadmium Yellow (Lukas - use Cad Yellow Light, Charvin - use French Primary Yellow)
• Ultramarine Blue
• Manganese Blue (hue) or Cerulean Blue (hue) or Viridian (note: "hue" is less $$$)
• Titanium White
|ACRYLIC PAINT COLORS:
Paint brands to consider: Matisse Structure, Lukas, Golden, Charvin, or Liquitex. Please purchase acrylic paints that are more heavy-bodied (i.e. not "Flow")
• Alizarin Crimson or Magenta (Charvin - Permanent Red Violet or Matisse - Burgundy Red)
• Cadmium Red Light or Medium (or equivalent)
• Cadmium Yellow (Lukas -use Cad Yellow Light or Charvin - use French Primary Yellow)
• Ultramarine Blue (Charvin - use Deep Ultramarine)
• Manganese Blue or Cerulean Blue
• Titanium White
• If you have a mat medium or slow dry please bring it.
|We highly recommend acylic painters use a Staywet Palette with disposable paper palettes, the container has a red lid.
ACRYLIC -StaWet Premier Palette
** THE GALLERY CAN SUPPLY AN OIL KIT FOR ONLY $53
A 9x12 book of palette paper (disposable sheets)
All the canvas boards and solvent you will need during class. We also have extra paint colors and brush sizes you can use while you are here.