|Please bring the following if you are purchasing your own supplies.
Note: The gallery can supply an OIL PAINTING KIT for $53 – please scroll down for more info.
1. Specific paint colors in oils or acrylics - see specific colors below
2. Brushes, a variety of sizes A combo of Filberts, Brights (you don't need rounds unless small for details) in a variety of sizes (natural bristle for oils), for example beginner class sizes #2, 4, 6, 8. Jerry’s carries and economical brand, Creative Mark/ Pro Stroke.
3. Metal palette knife - medium sized, for mixing paints
4. Easels - We provide table easels for these two workshops, you do not need to bring your own easel.
OIL Painters: Wood palette or Disposable Paper Palette available at art stores
ACRYLIC Painters: we suggest a StayWet Palette, 12 x 16 with red lid. Designed for acrylic paint.
6. Solvent to CLEAN Your OIL brushes: Gamblin Gamsol or Odorless Turpenoid (comes in many bottle sizes). NO Substitutes. NO Turpenine, NO Kerosene.
7. CONTAINER for Solvent, Oil Painters please bring a Glass container with a lid or a brush cleaner for your solvent (see image).
Acrylic painters please bring a small bucket to hold your water, no lid required.
8. Three Canvas Panels or Stretched Canvas in sizes ranging: 6x8, 8x10 or 9x12 and 11x14. Extra canvas are good to have on hand.
9. Apron or Smock to protect your clothes
10. Protect Your Car - A protective box or paper in your car to protect seats from wet paintings (going home)
11. Paper Towels (any brand)
SEE PAINT COLORS BELOW...
Oil Bristle Brushes for oil paints • Brushes Acrylic paints
A variety of brushwashers
Gamblin Gamsol or Turpenpoid - NO subtitutions
|OIL PAINT COLORS:
Paint brands to consider: Charvin, Lukas, Grumbacher, Gamblin etc.
• Alizarin Crimson (Charvin, use Magenta or Rubine Lake)
• Cadmium Red (Charvin -use French Red Light OR Napothol Light)
• Cadmium Yellow (Lukas - use Cad Yellow Light, Charvin - use French Primary Yellow)
• Ultramarine Blue
• Manganese Blue (hue) or Cerulean Blue (hue) or Viridian (note: "hue" is less $$$)
• Titanium White
|ACRYLIC PAINT COLORS:
Paint brands to consider: Matisse Structure, Lukas, Golden, Charvin, or Liquitex. Please purchase acrylic paints that are more heavy-bodied (i.e. not "Flow")
• Alizarin Crimson or Magenta (Charvin use Permanent Red Violet/ Matisse use Burgundy Red)
• Cadmium Red Light or Medium (or equivalent)
• Cadmium Yellow (Lukas-use Cad Yellow Light /Charvin - use French Primary Yellow)
• Ultramarine Blue (Charvin - use Deep Ultramarine)
• Manganese Blue or Cerulean Blue
• Titanium White
|We highly recommend acylic painters use a Staywet Palette
and Palettes with lids are also available for oils to hold you disposable paper palettes
ACRYLIC -StaWet Premier Palette
** THE GALLERY CAN SUPPLY KIT - ONLY $53:
For only $53, you may purchase from the gallery OIL kit which includes 6 tubes of Nicole's colors, 3 filbert brushes, paper palette and several small canvas boards and use of Gamblin Gamsol solvent. ($100 retail value). All you bring is a Smock or Apron. We do not have acrylic kits available at this time.
|** THE GALLERY CAN SUPPLY OIL KIT ONLY $53.